Date(s) - 10/03/2021
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Virtual Learn to Draw Beginners Course
About this course
Have you wanted to learn to draw but been too afraid to try? Learn to loosen your hand and sharpen your eye through clear explanations and practice. In each class we will informally discuss a specific artist whose work will act as a basis for our studio exercises and assist in the development of our pencil and charcoal techniques.
Cost: $75+HST (without materials) or $110+HST (with materials)
Wednesday, February 17 for four weeks (February 17, 24, March 3, March 10)
Instructor: Mar Molano
What you’ll learn
Introduction to graphite pencils and colouring pencils
- Greyscale, shading and crosshatching
- Shading with colouring pencils and blending
Using Simple shapes
- Breaking down a simple object such as a pear and vase into simpler shapes
- Building up the drawing with shading
- Understanding how objects react to light
Constructing Simple Still Life
- Building a bowl of fruit with simple shapes
- Looking at how objects react to one another and light
- Colour in with pencil crayons
Working with Glass
- Building a glass still life
- Using graphite to communicate highlights and shadows
Learning to draw can be the gateway to self-expression. This course will cover basic drawing principles and techniques such as proportional measurement, perspective and shading. The tools used in the course are graphite pencil and colouring pencils. The goal will be to build perception skills and hand-eye coordination in order to develop our drawing skills.
The Drawing Kit includes:
- A set of graphite pencils
- A set of colouring pencils
- A hard cover sketchbook
- A regular eraser and kneadable eraser
Last day to order course material kits in Toronto is February 12. Last day to ship kits outside of Toronto is February 12.
Materials are provided in the form of a drawing art kit. Kits will be delivered via porch delivery for free within Toronto. Delivery charges will apply for those located outside Toronto.
Register today – spaces are limited.
Contact us for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-927-0764
Bookings are closed for this event.