Date(s) - 24/10/2019
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Fresh Paint Studio + Cafe
Introduction to Watercolour Painting Course
This is a four-week Watercolor Painting Introduction course and it is designed for beginners with a desire to learn watercolor painting techniques.
In the Watercolor Painting Introduction course you will learn how to get started with watercolor painting and applying watercolor washes. As you build on your skills from each class, by the end of this course, you will have developed the skills needed to create paintings that you will be proud to hang on your wall!
Our class is an introductory course for individuals who have never picked up a brush before, as well as intermediate level artists who would like to develop watercolour painting skills.
This is a complete course on practical and creative techniques which will include:
- The basic characteristics of watercolor painting
- Tools such as wet brushes, dry brushes, sponges, and crayons
- Using different watercolour washes
- Texturing methods using salt, paper, and wax
- The basic elements of underdrawings
- Applying wet on wet, wet on dry, and dry on wet
- The basic primary color palette to use for watercolor painting
Learning these techniques will allow you to produce simple but creative pieces that can be landscapes, portraits, or abstract creations. In addition, this course will teach you how to create simple landscape & seascape paintings by covering:
- Correct value usage using watercolor
- Basic composition
- Establishing realism
- Creating light and shadow
- How to incorporate mood into landscapes and seascapes
- Depth layering
- How to paint structures and objects in your landscapes
At the end of this course, you will have learned these essentials:
- Understanding the basics of watercolor
- How to set-up your tools and equipment
- Picking and mixing your watercolors
- Knowledge of the different watercolor paint washes
If you have always wanted to learn a simple approach to watercolor painting, then this is the course for you. By the end of it, you will have developed the skills and knowledge as a foundation to continue learning further. With a bit of practice and our guidance, you will have made pieces of art that you may want to frame and show to your friends!
Join us today for the Introduction to Watercolor Painting course and let’s relax and have fun creating your first watercolor painting today!
- Suitable for beginners wanting to learn watercolor painting
- Basic watercolor painting equipment required
- Desire to learn watercolor painting basics
- Basic understanding of drawing and watercolor painting is helpful but not necessary
- Suitable for all levels of watercolor painting
Four week course begins – Thursday, October 10 and continues each Thursday afterwards.
Classes will be held – October 10, October 17, October 24 and October 31
Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Cost: $130+HST for four weeks (cost will be prorated for those that join after the start date).
For more information, contact: 647-927-0764 or email: email@example.com